TLC Requires All Renewing Hack & FHV Drivers & New Applicants to Complete a Wheel-Chair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) Class.
ALL DRIVERS WELCOME !
Take Your WAV Class at The Taxi Workers Academy at NYTWA!
Offered 3 Days a Week, Even at 12 midnight
Learn From Experienced Driver Teachers!
Invest Your Fees In Fighting For Drivers' Rights!
- Class Includes: Hands-on training, a free Know Your Rights booklet, reminders for license renewal with updated information on TLC licensing rules, and information on how the TLC's WAV Reimbursements & Grants for drivers and owners will work.
- Cost: $75
- Registration: Register online below or call 718-706-9892
- Schedule (class start time, classes are 3 hours long):
- Languages: Arabic, Bangla, French, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish, Urdu
Mondays & Tuesdays
2pm, 6pm,12 midnight
SIGN UP FOR YOUR CLASS!
Go to the calendar below and find the class schedule for the date of your choice. Then click on the date to go to the sign-up/registration form and payment page.
Documents to Bring:
- DMV License
- TLC License
31-10 37th Avenue, Suite 300
Long Island City, NY 11101
Subway: N or Q to 36th Avenue / R to 36th St
Taxi Relief Stands Near the Union Office:
- 37th Ave, north side, bet. 32nd & 31st Streets
- 31st St, east side, bet. 38th Ave & 37th Ave
- 31st St, east side, bet. 37th ave & 36th Ave
- 34th St, between 38th & 37th Ave
Plenty of street parking & FREE parking available after 6pm in our building